Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Eggcellent Egg Souffle Recipe



I had a pie crust from Christmas that I never used, and needed to do someting with it before it expired. I have made a few quiche before, always following a strict recipe. I decided to be brave and just wing an extra stuffed one!

I mixed 12 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup of cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1 red pepper
1 small onion
6 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tsp. of minced garlic
1 pillsbury double pie crust (make sure to leave it at room temperature for atleast 30 minutes before using.

Heat over to 450 degrees
I wanted to make a bigger souffle so I used a 9x13 glass pan, lightly greased
I then put both pie crust in the pan, they overlapped in the center.
I then put a double layer of tinfoil over the pie crust and popped it in the over for 8 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 4-5 miniutes until your crust starts to look dry and flaky.
Once done, turn down the over to 325 degrees.

Meanwhile......
Cook onion, pepper, garlic and bacon for about 6 minutes. (I cheated on used the pre- cooked bacon, so I just popped it in the microwave to make it crispy!)

In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper. Then stir in onion mixture, crumbling the bacon in as well. Add the cheeses. (You can use less cheese, but the Hubby is a cheese lover so I used a lot!)

Poor egg mixture into the hot pastry shell and bake for about 55 minutes. To check to see if it is done, slide a butter knife into the center, if it's done it should come out clean.




2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm working on the Blogger to Wordpress move too. SO stressful!

    Christina
    http://prayersandpeekaboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I is stressful! Luckily I am new to bloggins, so I don't have a lot to move, but I want to make sure my followers follow me over!

    ReplyDelete