Thursday, February 16, 2012

100th Day of School Project Fun

Kit just turned in her 100th day of school project today. Last year, we glued 100 buttons onto a poster board. She got tired about 25 buttons into the project. After that fun fail, I saved another 100th day craft that looked a little easier and more fun for Kit. I only saved a picture so, if you recognize this monster, please let me know! I would like to give credit!


I bought the smaller sized poster board for the arms, legs, and white eyeball. I used normal black construction paper for the mouth and pupil.
I re-used a large piece of pink poster board that I made a Valentines Day countdown on.
I flipped the poster board over and cut out the monster on the unused side. I free handed everything, so it isn't perfect, but what monster is?! To do the 100 dots, I bought a set of plain circle dot stickers.

 

Kit was nice enough to let Kat help add sticker, it took them about 5 minutes to get them all exactly where they wanted them. I only took me about 10 minutes to get everything drawn and cut out. The whole 100th day of school project will only cost you about $4. 

This was a fun one to do. A big plus, it was completely different from the rest of the class! All the kids loved it!




8 comments:

  1. Love the blog, it's adorable! just added you to my follow list, hopefully we can be blog buddies!

    door251.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww this is a cute idea. I remember my son doing a 100 item thing for his school too. Only it wasn't a craft, we had to find 100 toys ><
    New follower from MBC
    www.greatfamilyadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea. I want to do button crafts but I am afraid of my two year daughter putting them in her mouth. New follower!
    http://newyearsresolutionexercise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following from MBC! Cute idea. Http://www.realhoustonhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! That is a super great idea. I always end up sending in 100 jelly beans, which incidentally, always come home in much smaller numbers! :) I found you on Mommy Bloggers Club and am a new follower! Would love it if you'd consider following back! Thanks so much!
    www.americasnexttopmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!! following from the mom bloggers club!

    http://livinthemommylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! We found you from mom bloggers club! We are your newest followers, feel free to follow us back! http://moresisterstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ladies! My daughter had so much fun making this monster! The teacher and other kids loved it too! Stickers are so much easier then having to try to clue macaroni noodles or pennies, or buttons to the board!

    ReplyDelete